Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
iOS in Practice
Includes 98 Techniques
Table of Contents
About The Book
iOS in Practice is a hands-on guide with 98 specific techniques to help solve the specific problems you'll encounter over and over as you work on your iPhone and iPad apps. You'll dig into the practical nuts and bolts of applying views, view controllers, table views and cells, audio, images, graphics, file structure—and more. Examples written for iOS 6.
About this Book
When you are building an iOS app, you want more than basic concepts—you want real answers to practical problems. You want iOS in Practice.
This book distills the hard-won experience of iOS developer Bear Cahill into 98 specific iOS techniques on key topics including managing data, using media, location awareness, and many more. And the sample apps are wonderful! As you pull them apart, you'll see two things: experienced app development and creative design savvy in action.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.
- WhereIsMyCar drives you through maps, CoreLocation, and camera access.
- PlayMyLists tunes in on settings, audio, and shake detection.
- Rock, Paper, Scissors explores networking, voice, in-app
- purchase, push notification, and invitations.
- Examples written for iOS 6 using Xcode 4.5.
Written for readers who know the basics of Objective-C and are interested in practical app development.
Table of Contents
- Getting started with iOS development
- Creating an iOS application
- Using view controllers and images in PicDecor
- Accessing the address book/contacts in Dial4
- MapKit and the camera in WhereIsMyCar
- Settings, audio, and shake detection in TimeDown
- CoreData, iPod access, and playing music—PlayMyLists
- Push notification and in-app purchase—Rock, Paper, Scissors
- GameCenter leaderboards and achievements—Rock, Paper, Scissors
- iTunes API, iPad, and iAd—MusicSearch
- Collection view, social, reminders, and state restoration—MeetSocial
PART 1 GETTING STARTED
PART 2 PUTTING iOS INTO PRACTICE
- Publisher: Manning (November 16, 2012)
- Length: 304 pages
- ISBN13: 9781617291265
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): iOS in Practice 1st Edition Trade Paperback 9781617291265
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.