"As a working mother and HBS alum, I loved Bea's insightful take on the value of parenting skills in the business world. Lots of laugh-out-loud stories mixed with proven, practical advice."
– Lynn Vojvodich, Board Member at Ford Motor Company and Dell Technologies & Mother
“Bea Wray is an incredible storyteller and excellent source of inspiration. So much of What an MBA Taught Me… resonated deeply with me: embracing the imposter syndrome, reframing ‘I haven’t done that yet,’ not letting parenting be a smudge on your resume...just to name a few.”
– Sameera Bazaz, Chief Strategy Officer, The Hot Mommas Project
“With raw wit, Bea Wray shares how it’s possible to Go Big AND Go Home. What an MBA Taught Me humorously shatters the myth of work-life balance and gives us all the confidence to embrace our true value. Highly recommended!”
– Linda Rottenberg, Co-Founder & CEO, Endeavor; author of NYT bestseller Crazy Is a Compliment
“Bea Wray’s story-telling technique is gripping. Being 700k in debt, moving to an island with a few hundred residents, raising three kids on her own, moving to Australia...are just a few stories of risk-taking that show what resilience looks like, and why LOVE makes it work. In Bea’s book, she empowers readers to take risks and live authentically, with love.”
– Amy C. Edmondson, Professor, Harvard Business School; author of The Fearless Organization (Wiley, 2019)
“With humor and wisdom, What an MBA Taught Me… shows us how family and work life actually benefit each other, and how to truly embrace resilience, risk, and authenticity.”
– Dorie Clark, author of Reinventing You and executive education faculty, Duke University Fuqua School of Business
“I’ve always been a passionate believer in work-life integration so I figured I would nod my head throughout the book, relating. Instead I found myself experiencing refreshing insights and inspirational nuggets that I can easily apply, all made more real by the shared laughs and humility. A great read for any business leader and parent (or even if you’re just one of them!).”
– Tara Walpert Levy, VP of Agency and Brand Solutions, Google
“Bea’s uplifting words encourage me to continue to integrate all areas of my life. I believe more business executives should follow Bea’s raw and meaningful leadership advice. This book reminds us of the power of Authenticity and helps a leader develop from a good leader into a great one.”
– Carolin Archibald, President & CEO, Ameda, Inc.