Starting from the depths of the Bathroom Reader archives, you’ll be transported to exotic lands where you’ll learn the local customs and sample the curious cuisine (without those annoying stomach cramps). You’ll also meet some of the strangest people in the world, and you might even learn a new word or two. So hang on tight as you read about…
• Why time travel movies were banned in China, and other fun things forbidden in foreign countries
• How to give your business card to a Japanese businessman, and other handy travel tips
• Uncle John's Stall of Fame • Racing sled dogs in the Arctic, running a marathon across the Moroccan desert, and floating a raft across the Atlantic
• What’s all the buzz about in Amsterdam? • How to find your antipodes—the exact opposite side of the planet from you • The world's biggest blunders, best inventions, and worst disasters
• Ronnie Biggs—Brazil’s most famous English fugitive • Worldly wisdom, including this from Charles Schulz: “Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.”
The Bathroom Readers' Institute is a tight-knit group of loyal and skilled writers, researchers, and editors who have been working as a team for years. The BRI understands the habits of a very special market—Throne Sitters—and devotes itself to providing amazing facts and conversation pieces.