*"Slyly humorous, starkly thought-provoking, passionate, and compassionate—and impeccably written to boot: not to be missed."
– Kirkus Reviews, Starred Review, on The Scorpion Rules
*"Bow continually yanks the rug out from under readers, defying expectations as she crafts a masterly story with a diverse cast, shocking twists, and gut-punching emotional moments."
– Publishers Weekly, starred review, on The Scorpion Rules
*"Masterful, electric prose... Bow delivers a knockout dystopian novel that readers will devour with their hearts in their mouths."
– School Library Journal, Starred Review, on The Scorpion Rules
"Bow has crafted a true sci-fi narrative around the AI premise, utilizing an imaginative world and well-developed characters. Through Greta’s conflicts, the author explores what it means to be human."
– Booklist, on The Scorpion Rules
" This is a smart, compelling read that explores the complicated nature of love, family, peace, war, and technology; fans of Johnson’s Summer Prince and Collins’s Hunger Games who are searching for an empowering and intelligent read-alike need look no further."
– The Horn Book Magazine, on The Scorpion Rules
"This is fearfully superlative storytelling- electrical tension crackles in every elegant word. The finest fiction I've read this year."
– Elizabeth Wein, author of Code Name Verity, , on The Scorpion Rules
“Bow's amoral artificial intelligence overlord is one of my favorite characters in a while.”
– Maggie Stiefvater, author of The Raven Boys, on The Scorpion Rules
“The Scorpion Rules is one of the most inventive, devious, exciting and thoroughly enjoyable books I’ve read in years. Very highly recommended!”
– Jonathan Maberry, New York Times bestselling author of ROT & RUIN and THE NIGHTSIDERS, , on The Scorpion Rules
“Clever and unexpected, THE SCORPION RULES is a game-changing novel about the consequence of war and the brutality of peace. Unforgettable!”
– Suzanne Young, New York Times bestselling author of The Program series, on The Scorpion Rules
"Elegant world-building, white-knuckle plot, and wonderful characters make The Scorpion Rules an extraordinary tale. I couldn't put it down."
– V.E. Schwab, author of A Darker Shade of Magic, on The Scorpion Rules
"Bow's vision of our apocalypse is stark, beautiful and terrifying. This is my favourite book."
– EK Johnston, author of The Story of Owen, on The Scorpion Rules
"I don't know which is more delicious, the storytelling or the villain."
– Tone Almhjell, author of The Twistrose Key, on The Scorpion Rules
“THE SCORPION RULES is a bloody, breath-taking, beautiful book… As a fellow craftsperson I'm leftin awe, and as a reader I'm left feeling transformed.”
– Zoe Marriott, author of The Name of the Blade series, on The Scorpion Rules
*"A fascinating follow-up and stunning story that is a must-read."
– School Library Journal *STARRED*, August 2016
*"Brilliant and compelling: don't miss this."
– Kirkus Reviews, Starred Review