"Alexander Mirtchev's sweeping exploration of the changing energy landscape looks far into the future and outlines issues that will occupy scholars and policymakers for decades to come."
– The Hon. Henry Kissinger, Chairman, Kissinger Associates, Former Secretary of State and National Security Advisor
"With the advancements in alternative energy technology at the beginning of the 21st century, energy security thinking and planning will never be the same—Alexander Mirtchev's profoundly original book reveals these new dilemmas that will challenge policy makers in all major economies and provides for dealing with the new realities in a smart way."
– The Hon. Judge William H. Webster, Chairman, Homeland Security Advisory Council, Former Director of the CIA and FBI
"Alexander Mirtchev's work is an impressive and comprehensive study of the geo-political, security, economic, and environmental impacts of the alternative energy trend. The accelerating development of alternative energy, as this book shows, is a geo-political game-changing phenomenon. The new Great Energy Game will have a greater influence on global affairs in the 21st century than Star Wars did in the 20th."
– Lord Truscott of St. James's, Former UK Energy Secretary
"The development of alternative energies is now sufficiently advanced, at least in terms of promise, to influence the 'global security equation,' making the book The Prologue a timely one indeed."
– Prof. Shirley M. Tilghman, President, Princeton University
"Alexander Mirtchev's book is an amazing study that has succeeded in breaking through the complexities of the current alternative energy development and strategies, highlighting the major policy challenges—energy independence, environmental and economic security, and defense, nuclear proliferation and geopolitical considerations, and putting forward pragmatic and smart methodology for addressing the planned, as well as the unintended and the unforeseen."
– The Hon. William Sessions, Partner, Holland & Knight, Former Director of the FBI
"The 'alternative energy megatrend.' as described in Alexander Mirtchev's book, occupies a large and growing role in the World Bank's energy portfolio and policy advice. With the Bank's focus on economic growth and sustainable development, his emphasis on the security dimensions of this issue is both interesting and relevant."
– Rachel Kyte, Vice President, Sustainable Development, The World Bank
"Alexander Mirtchev's book is a fascinating read."
– Lieutenant General Guy Swan, CEM, CPP, ret., Executive Director, Institute of Land Warfare
"Alexander Mirtchev's new book is an insightful strategic analysis of the security implications of modern global phenomena that provides for enhanced understanding of the rapidly transforming 21st century geopolitical environment as well as how to deal with its manifest challenges. Policymakers, as well as academia and the private sector, would benefit from taking on board its original thesis and bold ideas."
– Commander Harlan K. Ullman (ret.) PhD, Distinguished Senior Fellow, National Defense University, Chairman, Killowen Group, Author, "Shock and Awe: Achieving Rapid Dominance"
"I found your book most stimulating. I look forward to seeing the reception."
– The Rt. Hon. Lord Robertson of Port Ellen, KT, GCMG, HonFRSE, PC, Former Secretary General of NATO
"Alexander Mirtchev has provided a thorough examination of a possible significant future, in which the implications of alternative energy source developments come to dominate national, economic, and environmental security and world geopolitics. The thesis in the book is one that needs to be understood by global policymakers, not least in China."
– Prof. Sir David Omand, Former UK Security and Intelligence Coordinator and author of "Securing the State"
"Alexander Mirtchev's book introduces a not just original but smart methodology that provides for a breakthrough study. By defining alternative energy development as a trend and analyzing its drivers, the book allows a balanced perspective on issues that have remained beyond the radar screen of economic policy and planning, as well as a new understanding of the upcoming challenges, making it an essential read for both policymakers and business leaders."
– Sir Richard Evans, Former CEO, BAE Systems
"The ongoing revolution in the energy industry is a comparable discontinuity to what occurred when Internet was developed for communications. Not just energy's business model will change but both geopolitics and the competitiveness of many markets will be redefined. Alexander Mirtchev's work is a very accurate and absolutely a 'must read' analysis of this transformation which will impact everyone's life."
– Giuseppe Recchi, Chairman, Eni