Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
The Everything Parent's Guide to Raising a Gifted Child
All you need to know to meet your child's emotional, social, and academic needs
Table of Contents
About The Book
Raising a gifted child is both a joy and a challenge. Gifted and exceptional children can seem self-sufficient, but it takes more than intelligence to lead a happy and fulfilling life. Your child need your support and advocacy in school, in social situations, and even at home. This guide shows you how to encourage and foster your gifted child from birth to adolescence, including information on
- How to determine if your child is gifted
- Options for school programs and activities
- Dealing with perfectionism and stress
- Setting realistic and healthy goals for your child
- Ensuring proper socialization and friendship
- Coping with jealousy and bullying from other children
Packed with useful and professional advice, this is a reassuring guide to help your gifted child grow, thrive, and develop his talents.
- Publisher: Everything (December 15, 2011)
- Length: 304 pages
- ISBN13: 9781440530319
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): The Everything Parent's Guide to Raising a Gifted Child eBook 9781440530319
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.