From Hippocrates in ancient Greece to the medical healers of today, the impact that the mind-body connection has had on overall health has been widely recognized. And while advancements in technology are vast, the constraints of conventional medicine are an impediment to successfully preventing, reversing, or addressing the causes of chronic diseases—diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, arthritis, acid reflux, cancer, and more. At times, these advancements have even proven fatal.
In Superhealing: Engaging Your Mind, Body, and Spirit to Create Optimal Health and Well-being
, Dr. Elaine Ferguson uses an integrative approach to healing as a way of eradicating the physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual limitations—illustrated from the real-life stories she has witnessed throughout her medical career—that lead to chronic diseases and imbalance.
, readers will explore the truth about genetics and disease; the central role and significance stress has on the mind-body connection, as well as the distinctions between feelings, thoughts, and emotions and how both positive and negative emotions factor into one's health. Readers will also discover:
- The power of a plant-based diet and the true dangers of processed food
- The impact healthy relationships have on the body
- The significance of vitamin D3, omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, critical minerals, and vitamin B complex
- Why exercise should be the readers' superhealing "drug" of choice
- The superhealing power of touch—particularly massage and reflexology
- Toxic environmental factors such as the health-damaging chemicals present in most personal care and cleaning products and how to reduce or eliminate them
- How laughter, meditation, guided imagery, cognitive reprogramming, journaling, forgiveness, and gratitude affects one's health
- How spiritual beliefs and practices, isolation, and adversarial relationships contribute to physical and psychological decline
Once the groundwork is complete, readers will construct an individualized, forty-day, two-part plan using a variety of clinically proven, holistic techniques that will encompass four core steps to a superhealing lifestyle. These steps will guide them on a unique path to better health while bringing the mind, body, and spirit, back into balance.