"Emily Boller's story is of enormous importance and will help many people. This is the only book on eating disorders that grasps the critical significance of the Standard American Diet as a contributing cause that correctly identifies nutritional density as an essential aspect of recovery. Starved to Obesity is foundational to true recovery and turns recovery into something attainable and natural rather than a perpetual struggle. Beautifully, magnificently done!"
– Jeffery Rediger, M.D., Faculty, Harvard Medical School, Medical Director, McLean SE at McLean Hospital-Affiliate of Harvard Medical School
"Emily Boller draws upon her personal journey of tragedy to triumph to create a clear, hope-filled pathway to healing and wholeness. If you, a friend, or loved one struggle with dieting, emotional eating, weight loss, or health challenges, Starved to Obesity can change your life. It is a beacon of hope and a north star pointing the way to freedom."
– Scott Stoll, M.D., "Alive! A Physician's Biblical and Scientific Guide to Nutrition," Co-Founder and Chairman of The Plantrician Project, Author, Speaker, Olympian
"In Starved to Obesity, Emily Boller bravely shares her inspiring journey out of despair after stunning life tragedies left her drained of direction and trapped in a fortress of fat from out-of-control eating. Candidly, lovingly, with nutritional pearls a-plenty, Emily shares her hard-won wisdom and practical advice for overcoming adversity and making delicious, health-promoting dishes that can help you transform the direction of your life to one of health and rich enjoyment of every day and every meal. I will recommend this wonderful book to all of my patients struggling with weight, food addictions and, emotional challenges of many kinds. Thank you, Emily, for Starved to Obesity - it is a gift to us all."
– Michael Klaper, M.D., Physician, Internationally Recognized Teacher, Author, Speaker
"We are facing an epidemic of obesity and Type 2 diabetes with its acute, chronic, debilitating, deadly diseases. Fast food and sugars are horribly addictive. This book completely describes the problem and gives a solution. A great book! I would recommend it to everyone."
– Rudy Kachmann, M.D., Neurosurgeon, Author of fifteen wellness books, TV and radio wellness authority
"Emily Boller is an inspiration to everyone who knows her. As a formerly obese mother of five children, she is living proof that you, too, can finally overcome your battle with food. Starved to Obesity will not only teach you how to do it, but it will also leave you feeling Emily's warmth and understanding that you are not alone. It's time to be set free."
– Sarah Taylor, MBA, M.S., "Vegan in 30 Days"
"Emily Boller's writings and presentations are engaging, authentic, and applicable for today's culture. Her insights are the result of experiencing devastating loss and triumphal victory along her journey towards a healthy lifestyle."
– Ken Hood, Wellness Director at James River Church in Springfield, MO
"Emily Boller is a great example of identifying and gaining victory over some monumental issues in her life. She has embodied the theme of 'Not Somehow, But Triumphantly.'"
– Carl Sovine, Ph.D., Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
"I loved Starved to Obesity! It was raw, liberating, and empowering... offering hope and inspiration for anyone seeking to embrace a healthy lifestyle."
– Kristin Misner Meier, MSPT, wife, devoted mother of three
"The truth in this life-giving book will set you free. Thank you, Emily, for your vulnerability, wisdom and grace."
– Carol Doscher, President & CEO, Graceworks Inc., New York, New York
"Emily Boller has faced her own eating challenges with unflinching honesty, unfailing open-mindedness, and unflagging persistence."
– The Rev. Dr. Susan Gilbert Zencka, Frame Memorial Presbyterian Church in Stevens Point, WI
"Starved to Obesity gives us a compelling insight into the fundamental reasons behind food addiction and binge eating. Growing up with a mother whose love language was cooking and baking, to the terrible tragedy of losing her son; food became Emily's refuge. Ironically, turning to food (the right kind) was the solution to attaining her optimal weight. Starved to Obesity offers a science-supported, practical guide to finding a healthy relationship with food. It's well researched and wide reaching. If you struggle with your weight and want to learn from someone who has 'been there, done that,' this is the book for you."
– Dr. David Friedman, Syndicated TV/Radio Health expert and #1 International best-selling author of "Food Sanity: How to Eat in a World of Fads and Fiction"