Modern business gurus all cry for the need to innovate, to disrupt, and to act like a startup. It’s hard to argue with that kind of thinking. It’s sexy and exciting. But it’s wrong.
Too many businesses become enamored by shiny new objects and end up overlooking the value locked away in their existing products. Maybe your business is one of them.
Iconic Advantage® is a different approach that allows companies to leverage what they already have to create lasting differentiation and deeper relationships with their customers. It generates disproportionate levels of profit and protects you against market fluctuations. Many of the world’s most successful brands have been using it for years.
Now, you can benefit from reaching iconic status, whether you’re a Fortune 500, local pizza parlor, or an aspiring Unicorn startup.
"This book explains why some brands are built to last and others seem doomed to perish. It's a framework that every marketer can put into play right away."
– Adam Grant, New York Times bestselling author of Give and Take, Originals, and Option B with Sheryl Sandberg
"Great brands are truly iconic...but creating one is as much science as it is art. This book teaches you the key ingredients so you can create your own Iconic Advantage."
– Claudia Kotchka, Former VP of Design Innovation & Strategy, Procter & Gamble
"Having built a $2 billion pipeline of innovation for brands like Van's, Timberland, The North Face, and Wrangler, Soon understands how to create iconic products...if you aspire for you brand or products to be iconic, read this book."
– Chip Heath, NYT bestselling author of Switch and Made to Stick, Professor, Stanford Graduate School of Business
"Icons are critical strategic assets for brands and companies. This book offers deep insights on how to establish timeless distinction and relevance, and builds a compelling case for all companies, from Fortune 500 to venture-backing startups, to focus their resources on building greater iconicity."
– Iris Yen, Global VP of Strategy, Nike
"Iconic Advantage is even more important for startups than it is for established brands and large companies."
– Wen Hsieh, General Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Beyers
"Soon has an uncanny ability to take mysteries and turn them into heuristics. He's done it on innovation and design, and now with Iconic Advantage."
– Roger Martin, author of Playing to Win and Former Dean of the Rotman School of Business