Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Heart of the Shin Buddhist Path
A Life of Awakening
Table of Contents
About The Book
- Publisher: Wisdom Publications (February 18, 2013)
- Length: 184 pages
- ISBN13: 9781614290605
Browse Related Books
Raves and Reviews
"Professor Shigaraki ties the doctrine and practice of True Pure Land Buddhism to the broader Mahayana Buddhist tradition, thereby creating a book that will be of interest both to Buddhist practitioners of all denominations and scholars of modern Japanese Buddhism."
– Richard M. Jaffe, Duke university
"Offers a significant perspective for the expanding interfaith dialogue between Buddhism and the diverse world of contemporary spiritual movements."
– Alfred Bloom, Emeritus Professor, University of Hawaii
"A must read."
– Kenneth Kenshin Tanaka, Musashino University and International Association of Shin Buddhist Studies
"Shigaraki's fresh perspective on Shinran's teachings is bound to spark renewed interest in Pure Land Buddhism."
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Heart of the Shin Buddhist Path eBook 9781614290605(0.9 MB)
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.