"We've all been there. The falls and rises of growing up, making something of ourselves, entrepreneurism, and more—it all takes a toll on even the mentally strongest. I loved meeting Janeane Bernstein and reading her book Get the Funk Out! The story is refreshing and real, and encourages us to own up and reach our full potentials."
– Winnie Sun, Wealth Whisperer, CNBC Financial Adviser Council, Forbes Contributor, Co-Founder of Sun Group Wealth Partners
"Finally, a common sense approach to an all too common malady. Ms. Bernstein has assembled the tools to overcome our personal demons in words that are clear and concise. When I find a good book, I usually 'can't put it down' but Get the Funk Out! demands time to absorb the inspirational stories and ponder the question of how faith can be so strong."
– Gary Pihl, former guitarist for Sammy Hagar and current member of the band Boston
"I love this book! A radically transparent look that teaches us to face life's hard knocks—instead of running away—and heal from the gifts that emerge from truth This is a bedside keeper to remind you that grass grows through concrete."
– Bryan E. Robinson, Ph.D., Psychotherapist and Author of "#Chill: Turn Off Your Job and Turn On Your Life"
"The power of self-esteem is on full display in Get the Funk Out! Janeane Bernstein pulls together an unlikely cast to write a prescription for dealing with life's large and small challenges. Finding joy on the journey is possible, no matter how rocky the road."
– Richard M. Cohen, New York Times Best Selling Author of "Blindsided" and "Strong at the Broken Places"
"Janeane has written a book that aims to help anyone navigating the funky pitfalls of life, illustrated with a wide assortment of anecdotes and her experience, all of it filled with humor and compassion."
– Kathy Valentine, musician, composer, writer
"Janeane uses her own personal stories, plus interviews with a variety of mental health professionals to explore life's persistent funks. Personable and engaging, she shines a light on the darkness many face in everyday life, illuminating a way out."
– Vicki Peterson, founding member of The Bangles, Guitarist, Writer, and Singer
"Janeane Bernstein's Get the Funk Out! came to me the exact moment I needed it most. Funny, kind, and spot on, everyone who has ever felt hopeless, deflated, or just happened to have a bad day will walk away stronger and more positive after reading Janeane's kick-ass book; a true labor of love infused with empathy and wit."
– Laurie Lindeen, author of "Petal Pusher"