Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Dart in Action
Table of Contents
About The Book
About the Technology
About this Book
Dart in Action introduces the Dart language and teaches you to use it in browser-based, desktop, and mobile applications. Not just a language tutorial, this book gets quickly into the nitty-gritty of using Dart. Most questions that pop up while you're reading are answered on the spot! OO newbies will appreciate the gentle pace in the early chapters. Later chapters take a test-first approach and encourage you to try Dart hands-on.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.
- Dart from the ground up
- Numerous code samples and diagrams
- Creating single-page web apps
- Running Dart in the browser and on the server
Chris Buckett builds enterprise-scale web applications. He runs Dartwatch.com and is an active contributor to the dartlang list.
"Includes numerous examples of core language features as well as more advanced HTML5 features."-;From the Foreword by Seth Ladd, Developer Advocate, Google
Table of Contents
PART 1 INTRODUCING DART
- Hello Dart
- "Hello World" with Dart tools
- Building and testing your own Dart app
- Functional first-class functions and closures
- Understanding libraries and privacy
- Constructing classes and interfaces
- Extending classes and interfaces
- Collections of richer classes
- Asynchronous programming with callbacks and futures
- Building a Dart web app
- Navigating offline data
- Communicating with other systems and languages
- Server interaction with files and HTTP
- Sending, syncing, and storing data
- Concurrency with isolates
PART 2 CORE DART
PART 3 CLIENT-SIDE DART APPS
PART 4 SERVER-SIDE DART
- Publisher: Manning (February 1, 2013)
- Length: 424 pages
- ISBN13: 9781617290862
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
Book Cover Image (jpg): Dart in Action
1st Edition Trade Paperback 9781617290862
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.