This collection of 101 stories of love and sacrifice provides emotional and practical resources to sustain the family caregiver.
These revealing stories from people of all ages who take care of family members, at home or in outside facilities, are filled with emotional support and practical advice. You’ll be inspired and feel appreciated as you read all 101 of these personal glimpses into the lives of other family caregivers, including:
- How Joan Lunden manages the care of her mother at the same time she is raising young children, as part of the Sandwich Generation.
- How Jill Eikenberry and Michael Tucker moved Jill’s elderly mother in next door—they eat family meals together, prepared by their daughter.
- How Leeza Gibbons’ mother planned for her Alzheimer’s disease, and Leeza’s tips on how to accept and manage the diagnosis and care.
- How Gail Sheehy navigated the caregiving maze during her husband’s battle with cancer, and the 9 emotional stages of the family caregiver.
- How Dr. Alexis Abramson became her grandmother’s full-time caregiver at age 22, a real-life experience that led to a Ph.D. in Gerontology.