Plus, receive recommendations and exclusive offers on all of your favorite books and authors from Simon & Schuster.
Amazon Web Services in Action
Table of Contents
About The Book
Amazon Web Services in Action, Second Edition is a comprehensive introduction to computing, storing, and networking in the AWS cloud. You'll find clear, relevant coverage of all the essential AWS services you to know, emphasizing best practices for security, high availability and scalability.
Foreword by Ben Whaley, AWS community hero and author.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
The largest and most mature of the cloud platforms, AWS offers over 100 prebuilt services, practically limitless compute resources, bottomless secure storage, as well as top-notch automation capabilities. This book shows you how to develop, host, and manage applications on AWS.
About the Book
Amazon Web Services in Action, Second Edition is a comprehensive introduction to deploying web applications in the AWS cloud. You'll find clear, relevant coverage of all essential AWS services, with a focus on automation, security, high availability, and scalability. This thoroughly revised edition covers the latest additions to AWS, including serverless infrastructure with AWS Lambda, sharing data with EFS, and in-memory storage with ElastiCache.
- Completely revised bestseller
- Secure and scale distributed applications
- Deploy applications on AWS
- Design for failure to achieve high availability
- Automate your infrastructure
About the Reader
Written for mid-level developers and DevOps engineers.
About the Author
Andreas Wittig and Michael Wittig are software engineers and DevOps consultants focused on AWS. Together, they migrated the first bank in Germany to AWS in 2013.
Table of Contents
- What is Amazon Web Services?
- A simple example: WordPress in five minutes
- Using virtual machines: EC2
- Programming your infrastructure: The command-line, SDKs, and CloudFormation
- Automating deployment: CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk, and OpsWorks
- Securing your system: IAM, security groups, and VPC
- Automating operational tasks with Lambda
- Storing your objects: S3 and Glacier
- Storing data on hard drives: EBS and instance store
- Sharing data volumes between machines: EFS
- Using a relational database service: RDS
- Caching data in memory: Amazon ElastiCache
- Programming for the NoSQL database service: DynamoDB
- Achieving high availability: availability zones, auto-scaling, and CloudWatch
- Decoupling your infrastructure: Elastic Load Balancing and Simple Queue Service
- Designing for fault tolerance
- Scaling up and down: auto-scaling and CloudWatch
PART 1 - GETTING STARTED
PART 2 - BUILDING VIRTUAL INFRASTRUCTURE CONSISTING OF COMPUTERS AND NETWORKING
PART 3 - STORING DATA IN THE CLOUD
PART 4 - ARCHITECTING ON AWS
- Publisher: Manning (October 8, 2018)
- Length: 528 pages
- ISBN13: 9781617295119
Browse Related Books
Resources and Downloads
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Amazon Web Services in Action 2nd Edition Trade Paperback 9781617295119
You may also like: Thriller and Mystery Staff Picks
More to Explore
Our Summer Reading Recommendations
Red-hot romances, poolside fiction, and blockbuster picks, oh my! Start reading the hottest books of the summer.
This Month's New Releases
From heart-pounding thrillers to poignant memoirs and everything in between, check out what's new this month.