Exercises for the Female Reproductive System
Cultivating Ovarian Power
The ancient Taoists had extraordinarily astute powers of observation, and their findings on the subject of sex are surprisingly consistent among different groups and over long stretches of time, which in China means not hundreds but thousands of years. This is significant because many groups did not know of any others’ abilities, whereabouts, or even existence, because these esoteric practices were kept very secret.
The ancient Taoists noted that the ovaries, as the factory that produces sexual energy in the form of eggs and female hormones, are of prime importance because all of the vital organs, such as the brain, must contribute some of their own reserves to create and maintain them. Ancient records point out that the Yang Ching Chi (Ovarian Chi) that activates and charges an egg with full potential life force during ovulation is a sign of a strong and youthful energy with the power to create and heal.
In the first part of a woman’s cycle, a tremendous storage of hot life force energy takes place. As the woman’s cycle continues and the egg moves out of the body, the experience of heat gives way to what has been described as a mildly warm quality. At this time the aroused sexual energy is more yin in nature, thus it is more healing than creative.
Ovarian Chi is denser than the life force, or chi, that normally circulates in the Microcosmic Orbit. Because it is thicker and slower to move, this energy needs all the help it can get to move upward to a higher energy center and not be allowed to pour outward. Therefore it is important to be sure the channel of the Microcosmic Orbit is open and the chi is flowing before proceeding to Orgasmic Breathing or the Orgasmic Upward Draw. The more inward the orgasm, and the more you can bring it upward, the more you will heal and revitalize. The Ching Chi (sexual energy) travels through the channel in its loop up the spine to the head and down the front through the navel, genitals, and perineum, linking the various organs and glands with each other and with the brain. This energy can also be used to heal and revitalize your partner.
The Ovarian Breathing exercise involves a gentle contraction of the Chi Muscle, as delicate as the closing petals of a flower and so minimal that any less would do nothing at all.
In Ovarian Breathing you use your mind to draw the warm, yang, vital egg energy up the spine to your head and to the third eye (located mid-eyebrow), down through the tongue, the heart, the solar plexus, finally to be stored in the navel. You will be drawing on the energy generated by the ovaries, eggs, and hormones themselves. At first the process is slow, but later a simple thought will send delightful waves of energy up your back to your head.
Ovarian Breathing can be practiced sitting, standing, or lying down.
Sitting: Sit on a chair so that your weight is distributed to your legs and buttocks. Cover your vagina and perineum with comfortable underwear or loose clothing. If needed, press a small ball against your clitoris. Your feet should be flat on the floor, and your palms on your knees.
Standing: Stand up straight and relaxed with feet shoulder width apart and your hands at your sides.
Lying on right side: Use a pillow to raise your head 3 to 4 inches. Place your right thumb behind your ear and fold it slightly forward; keep the other fingers in front of the ear. Rest your left hand on the outer left thigh. Bend the left knee slightly and rest it on top of the right leg, which should be straight.
1. Round your neck and shoulders slightly, and place your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Inhalations during this practice should be small sips of air; there may be many inhalations for each exhalation.
2. Collect ovary energy in the Ovarian Palace by rubbing your ovaries in spirals. At the same time, “breathe” with your PC muscle, using it to gently close and open the vagina. When you feel energy manifesting--as warmth, tightness, tingling, etc.--inhale and bring that energy to the Ovarian Palace.
3. Inhale and contract the vagina, pulling it downward as you pull up on the front part of the perineum. This will bring the energy down from the Ovarian Palace to the perineum. Then inhale short sips and close the vagina tightly, collecting energy at the front part of the perineum. Exhale.
4. Inhale and exhale 9 times, drawing energy from the Ovarian Palace to the front part of the perineum.
5. Repeat steps 4 and 5, then bring the energy through the sacral hiatus and into the sacrum; hold it there. Activate the sacral pump. Repeat 9 times.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 a total of four more times, bringing the energy to T11, then C7, the Jade Pillow, and the Crown. After each repetition, return your energy to the ovaries, while leaving a part of your attention on the energy collected at the perineum.
7. When you have filled the Crown point with creative sexual energy, let it fill your brain. Then spiral the energy in your brain outward in counterclockwise circles 36 times. Then spiral inward 36 times clockwise.
8. Keeping your tongue on your palate, let the warm energy flow down to the mid-eyebrow point and throat to the heart center. Let the heart fill with energy, then draw it down through the solar plexus to the navel. Collect energy at the navel by spiraling outward 36 times counterclockwise, then spiraling inward clockwise 24 times.
A Handbook of Simple Exercises and Techniques
Chi Kung for Women's Health and Sexual Vitality
A Handbook of Simple Exercises and Techniques
• Includes fully illustrated instructions for Chi Kung exercises to clear energetic blockages, tone the female reproductive organs, prevent uterine cancer, and restore sexual vitality
• Explains how to strengthen the pelvic floor with chi weight lifting and how to perform breast and female genital massage
• Offers guidance on supporting your practice with dietary advice, restorative cleanses, and herbal remedies
In this fully illustrated guide, Mantak Chia and William U. Wei explain how to use the energetic and physical practice of Chi Kung to balance hormones, offset abnormal cell growth, prevent uterine cancer, and restore sexual vigor to the female reproductive system. With step-by-step instructions, they provide exercises to open the energetic pathways connected to the female reproductive organs and clear the energy blockages that lead to sexual dysfunction and illness. They explain how to perform breast and female genital massage to circulate chi and sexual energy. They detail the practice of chi weight lifting--advanced Kegel-type exercises using a jade egg--to stimulate age-delaying hormones and strengthen the pelvic floor.
To maximize the benefits of the exercises, the authors offer dietary guidance, restorative cleanses, and herbal remedies to further support female reproductive healing and maintenance of sexual desire.
- Destiny Books |
- 192 pages |
- ISBN 9781620552254 |
- May 2014