Lori Armstrong reveals a bit about her novel NO MERCY
Reading Group Guide
1. After Mercy left the Army and her father died, what drew her back to South Dakota? Do you think she had something to prove, and to whom?
2. What has changed about her hometown since she left? What has remained the same?
3. In the Army, Mercy was required to keep a tough exterior. What effect does it have on her relationships after she leaves the Army? Did this change as the story unfolded?
4. Mercy’s Native American friend John-John told her “it’s our nature to reach out to you.” How does Mercy’s Indian heritage affect how she views her family and home?
5. What symbolism do you see in the South Dakota landscape in relation to Mercy’s life? The relationship between the white and Indian residents?
6. Discuss the attitudes of the white locals towards the Indians on the res see more