The Greatest Kan and Li Formulas
All methods end in quietness. This marvelous magic cannot be fathomed. But when the practice is started, one must press on from the obvious to the profound, from the coarse to the fine . . .and the end of the practice must be “one.”
Below find a list of the methods passed down from Master Yi Eng. While it has been important to keep the integrity of these meditations in terms of their order, components, and goals, there is a degree of flexibility for the adept. This applies moreso to the experienced practitioner practicing solo. Here one cannot only vary the order but can either skip formulas or only partially complete one before moving on to another. The continual theme of this text is to initially learn the formulas as originally taught but then to be flexible with them and allow one’s meditation to be fluid and spontaneous. All the formulas start with the gross or a fragment and take us to the fine and the whole. Each method will ultimately blend in with the others according to your unique personality and history.
Connecting to the Two Poles Stars
Coupling in the Heart
Alignment of the Three Triangles
Connection with the Cranium and Parts of the Brain
Connecting with the Stems and Branches
Pulsate Heart with Aorta (Sun) and Vena Cava (Moon)
Moment of Emptiness
Macrocosmic Constellation Meditation
Gathering the Lesser Medicine
Birth of the Spiritual Infant
Turning the Wheel
Connecting to the Two Poles Stars
(Activating the Cranial and Sacral Pumps)
This technique helps to open the crown by vibrating the bones at the sutures with micropressure and to project the pearl/soul/spirit. It has been found that when one holds the breath, the skull vibrates, thus loosening the bones, making it possible to open the crown for the egress of the spirit. Basically, the procedure assists in activating the Cranial and Sacral Pumps.
This principle is similar to Greater Kan and Li, when we connect beyond self by spiraling through the crown and the feet (perineum) and setting up vertical and earthly flight. However this time we extend beyond the earth and the imagined solar system to connect to the Pole Stars, both the North Star, Polaris, above the Crown for those in the Northern Hemisphere and Polaris Australis for Southern Hemisphere practitioners.
Connecting to the Pole Star above the Crown
1. Form another pearl and settle it in the perineum.
2. Move the pearl in the Microcosmic Orbit and let it gather momentum.
3. Slow it down and let it rest in the crown.
4. Activate the cranial pump (look up, clench the teeth and jaw, sink chin and sternum, clench the fists, tighten the buttocks, and pull up the sexual organ).
5. Exhale and shoot the pearl through the crown, extending the pearl many body lengths above you.
6. Swallow saliva upward as you feel the earth force come up to you.
7. Exhale and completely relax any muscles you have tensed. You must be able to totally release all body tension so that the chi can flow easily through the pumps and throughout the body. Work toward activating these pumps through structural alignment and mental focus only.
8. Draw the yang energy from the Pole Star into the Crystal Room and other tan tiens. Merge this experience with that of the third eye.
Connecting to the Pole Star beneath the Earth
1. Shoot the pearl down the legs, many body lengths into the ground and then beyond the earth to the Pole Star beneath. Connect with its more yin nature.
2. Create a pakua around the pearl.
3. Extend the thrusting routes and belt routes to the bodies in and beneath the earth.
4. Gather in the middle of the toes and the tan tiens and gather to the mid-eyebrow. One may then merge the third eye with the earth plane experience.
Goals for connecting to the Pole Stars: The first goal for this practice is to extend consciousness beyond self. This is in keeping with our broad concept of the “Wu Wei experience” whereby to perceive “nothing” one must first embrace “entirety.”
The second goal is to assist in alignment of the body whereby all the forces are in unison and working together. This can be seen from a perspective of the earth force in alignment with the heavenly force and the body’s internal energies. An alternative framework is that the resident spirits within the body are in harmony. The spirit that exists above the crown (Highest Soul) along with the Dragon spirit can work to reach the Pole Star above. The Earth Soul beneath the feet along with the Tiger spirit extends consciousness to the opposite Pole Star. The spirits in the head, heart, abdomen, and behind the knees all serve to align the body with these vertical forces.
The third goal is to receive pure energies from the Pole Star. As early as the Han era they believed the Pole Star encompassed the “unitive” experience. Ge Hong says, “The One resides at the North Pole . . .Dragons and Tigers are lined up on guard.” In the Universal Healing Tao the Pole Star not only is the “gateway” to an experience of the “one” but also emits a violet healing light that has a remarkable healing effect and a specific resonance with the bones of the body. The Pole Star beneath is usually felt as more yin.
Gathering the Cosmic Light
Greatest Kan and Li
Gathering the Cosmic Light
• Explains how to establish the cauldron at the Heart Center to collect cosmic light, activate the Cranial and Sacral Pumps, and align the Three Triangle Forces
• Details how to merge energy at the Heart Center to birth the immortal spirit body, allowing you to draw limitless energy from the Cosmos
• Discusses the proper Pi Gu diet and herbs to use with Kan and Li practice
• Reveals how to expel the three Worms, or “Death Bringers,” that can imbalance the three Tan Tiens, leading to misdirection in your sexual, material, and spiritual goals
After mastering the Inner Alchemy practices of Lesser Kan and Li and Greater Kan and Li, the advanced student is now ready for the refinement of the soul and spirit made possible through the practice of the Greatest Kan and Li. With full-color illustrated instructions, Master Mantak Chia and Andrew Jan explain how to establish the cauldron at the Heart Center to collect cosmic light, activate the Cranial and Sacral Pumps, and align the Three Triangle Forces. They detail how merging energy at the Heart Center then leads to the birth of the immortal spirit body, uniting you with the Tao and allowing you to draw limitless energy and power from the Cosmos.
The authors explain the proper Pi Gu diet and herbs to use in conjunction with Kan and Li practice and provide warm-up exercises, such as meditations to expel the three Worms, or “Death Bringers,” that can imbalance the three Tan Tiens, leading to misdirection in your sexual, material, and spiritual goals.
Revealing the ancient path of Inner Alchemy used for millennia by Taoist masters to create the “Pill of Immortality,” the authors show that the unitive state of oneness with the Tao made possible through Kan and Li practice represents true immortality by allowing past and future, Heaven and Earth, to become one.
- Destiny Books |
- 272 pages |
- ISBN 9781620552315 |
- August 2014