Fairest of Them All
But in this fairy tale, the beautiful princess wakes up to her worst nightmare -- when almost overnight, Ori begins to lose her hair....
- MTV Books |
- 272 pages |
- ISBN 9781416579939 |
- April 2009
Reading Group Guide
Questions for Discussion
- What is your first impression of Oribella? How does she seem to differ from the other girls at Clinton High?
- Do you believe most high school girls are obsessed with their appearance? Why or why not?
- Ori tells her own story in Fairest of Them All. Would you have had the same impression of the characters if Phil or Gypsy had told the story? Do you prefer a first person narrator like Ori or a third person narrator?
- How would you describe Phil? How do you think Ori would describe her?
- One of Ori’s shortcomings is that she judges people based on their appearance. Is it possible to really know someone by focusing on what you see on the surface? Has anyone ever made such assumptions about you?
- By many standards, Ori doesn’t live the life of a “normal” teenager. How would you describe a “normal” teenager?
- Ori hides her hair loss from her mother as long as she can. In Ori’s situation, would you have told your parents imme